Well, Tim McCarver is still an idiot...
...as he has conclusively proved by his early work in Game 1 of the Yankees-Angels ALDS. He still delivers the lame jokes and fumbles frequently in trying to get his points across (although I could just blame that on his age, and forgive him for it). I still can't stand listening to him, though, and it certainly makes me wish Jamie Kennedy were doing some of these games. :)
The Blue Jays, in not dropping 4 straight to the Red Sox, allowed the Yankees to steal the AL East. The 2006 Jays will be a force to be reckoned with indeed, if their never-say-die attitude continues on from this year (and if Halladay stays healthy, along with another power hitter and starting pitcher). :)
John McCain certainly took the overstatement of the month award for September in declaring the "transcendent importance" of the steroid issue. Yeah, sure John...don't you have hundreds of young men and women dying for nothing over in Iraq? Someone really needs a reality check. :)
Jake Peavy is now out for the year, because he broke some ribs during the division-clincher celebration. :) I'll go on record as saying the Padres will go 3 and out in the NLDS. Ah, rib x-rays - almost useless, since there's no real treatment if they are fractured. Basically all you can say is, "Yep, you've got broken ribs!" :P
All right, that's enough random rants for now...I'll return to watching the Angels struggle against Mussina (down 4-0 in the top of the 5th). Next up, my song-by-song review of the Our Lady Peace album, Healthy In Paranoid Times, just for you, Steve. :)
The Blue Jays, in not dropping 4 straight to the Red Sox, allowed the Yankees to steal the AL East. The 2006 Jays will be a force to be reckoned with indeed, if their never-say-die attitude continues on from this year (and if Halladay stays healthy, along with another power hitter and starting pitcher). :)
John McCain certainly took the overstatement of the month award for September in declaring the "transcendent importance" of the steroid issue. Yeah, sure John...don't you have hundreds of young men and women dying for nothing over in Iraq? Someone really needs a reality check. :)
Jake Peavy is now out for the year, because he broke some ribs during the division-clincher celebration. :) I'll go on record as saying the Padres will go 3 and out in the NLDS. Ah, rib x-rays - almost useless, since there's no real treatment if they are fractured. Basically all you can say is, "Yep, you've got broken ribs!" :P
All right, that's enough random rants for now...I'll return to watching the Angels struggle against Mussina (down 4-0 in the top of the 5th). Next up, my song-by-song review of the Our Lady Peace album, Healthy In Paranoid Times, just for you, Steve. :)

1 Comments:
I don't even know if I can stomach the thought of hearing more of this album than "Where Are You". I'm glad you've gone out and bought the album, Jeff--you're like my own personal musical food taster. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home